Sponsored by Black Bean
Please read the following carefully, answer the polls questions & at the end click the link to join the league.
As there's been some posts made enquiring about a league for the new SBK08 I thought i'd get it off the ground.
Now there's alot of options in SBK but the main one for the league is deciding on what handling mode to run with, the modes are:
I've decided to go with organising a league more on the arcade end of the scale (if a Simulation league is required then it'll have to be a seperate league i'm afraid organised by another member of league staff)
There's 2 modes we could go for on arcade:
Basic or Arcade.
For those that haven't tried Basic or Arcade here's the differences:
On Basic, Traction control is set to the Max & breaking is at 250%, this means you can hammer it around the track on the brakes at the last minute & straight back on to full throttle without worrying about falling off on the brakes or highsiding out of the corner making it near impossible to fall off or make an error (other than running wide ect..)
On Arcade, Traction control is set to Medium & braking is at 200%, this means your brakes aren't as powerful, although there is very little difference. The main difference on Arcade is how you apply the throttle, you have to be more cautious on the exit of corners feathering the throttle until you can get the bike straightened up to get on full throttle. This allows for some good rear sliding & some hisiding if you get it wrong, which I would have thought would create the better racing knowing everyone can make mistakes.
I'll let the poll decide what everyone thinks is best (also reply to this to say which mode you prefer or what you think would create a better league/racing)
In SBK you also can only run Lobbies with either
- Everyone riding Manual
- Everyone riding Automatic
As I think its unfair forcing people to run manual then the league will be run on Auto transmission.
With those options out the way, its now time to decide on a race format:
I've had some ideas with what we can do & these are:
- Option 1; Individually Scored - Real Laps - 1 race/track per week (League would run for 12 weeks)
- Option 2; Individually Scored - Short Races 15-20% - 2 race weekends per week (4 races in total, League would run for 6 weeks)
- Option 3; 2 Man Team racing with scoring for individuals in the team & scoring for the team aswell - Real Laps - 1 race per week (League would run for 12 weeks)
- Option 4; 2 Man Team racing with scoring for individuals in the team & scoring for the team aswell - Short races - 2 race weekends per week (4 races in total, League would run for 6 weeks)
- Option 5; 2 Man Team racing with scoring for individuals in the team & scoring for the team aswell - Real Laps - 2 races on the same track per week (League would run for 12 weeks)
- Option 6; 2 Man Team racing with scoring for individuals in the team & scoring for the team aswell - Short Races 15-20% - 2 races on the same track per week (League would run for 12 weeks)
I myself would like to do individual/team racing, real or short, that way if someones running off in the drivers points table your team could still win the constructors table.
Please post with thoughts, comments or any ideas you have which can produce a good fun league, ideas very much welcome
I've looked into qualifying aswell but there aren't any options online to be able to do it & unfortunately the grid positions are sorted in to the order everyone joins the lobby, therefore the host always has pole position. So the host will just send out the game invites randomly, is that the best thing to do? any ideas?
I think thats everything to do with racing covered.
Now to decide what day/time to do the racing each week
Please see the poll, also state whether times that are in the poll are taken by another league you are currently already doing but would like to be apart of this league aswell. Sundays are unavailable due to MotoGP real laps at 8pm GMT & i imagine there are some that would like to do both leagues.
p.s. I know there are lobby issues online, but these seem to be just at the end of the race where you don't get the option to proceed, if that happens the host can just reset the lobby back up & send out the invites again.
Finally, please click -->HERE<-- scroll down to 'SBK08 League' & click join this league, please only click once, i'll approve your entry when i'm next on the site.