We asked the Bastion developers for some things about Bastion that we (probably) wouldn't know - and they've replied!
10 Things you (probably) always wanted to know about Bastion.
1. Bastion contains nearly 3,000 lines of voiceover narration, the vast majority of which was recorded in a coat closet in a small New York City apartment.
2. Bastion is the first title by Supergiant Games, a seven-person team based out of the living room of a house in San Jose, California.
3. The musical score in Bastion was created by Supergiant Games' audio director, Darren Korb. He started working on the score early in development as the tone and themes of the game took shape.
4. The idea of the world forming up around the player first came from the design goal of providing players with a sense of direction in a gameworld without forcing them to rely on a map.
5. Several members of Supergiant Games met while working together on the Command & Conquer franchise for Electronic Arts. One of the only things Bastion borrows from real-time strategy games is its isometric camera perspective.
6. The Shrine system used to raise game difficulty in exchange for greater rewards was originally planned to be a "Bestiary" that involved researching specific creatures.
7. Bastion's narrator is voiced by Logan Cunningham, an actor who's a childhood friend of Supergiant audio director Darren Korb and studio director Amir Rao. This is Logan's first performance in a video game.
8. Bastion's writer and creative director Greg Kasavin worked for more than a decade in the gaming press. He served as editor-in-chief of the popular web site GameSpot for a number of years until he left in 2007 to pursue his childhood dream of making games.
9. The title "Bastion" was first associated with the project from its earliest stages back in September 2009 when Supergiant Games first formed.
10. Before art director Jen Zee joined the studio and gave Bastion its look, early low-fidelity prototypes of the game used artwork scanned from the pages of old pen-and-paper role-playing game rulebooks.
Click here to view the article
Page 1 of 1
Summer Of Arcade - Bastion Trivia
- ← Summer Of Arcade - From Dust Trivia
- Q&As & Ask the developer
- Summer Of Arcade - Insanely Twister Shadow Planet Trivia →
Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1
|Topic||Forum||Started By||Stats||Last Post Info|
|Major Nelson- Arcade: Hunter’s Trophy 2 – America||Xbox.com and Industry Jobs||XBLAs RSS News Feeder||
|Major Nelson- Arcade: Sanctum 2||Xbox.com and Industry Jobs||XBLAs RSS News Feeder||
|Major Nelson- Arcade: Monaco: What’s Yours is Mine||Xbox.com and Industry Jobs||XBLAs RSS News Feeder||
|Major Nelson- Arcade: Doritos Crash Course 2||Xbox.com and Industry Jobs||XBLAs RSS News Feeder||
|Major Nelson- Arcade: Way of the Dogg||Xbox.com and Industry Jobs||XBLAs RSS News Feeder||
Adverts are hidden for all 'Platinum Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here - your donation helps the site costs